Its been coming a while now, but more and more - I find myself craving a healthier lifestyle. I don't exercise (gymwise) except to take my dog for long walks, and walk everywhere instead of driving. When I use public transport, I always get off early so I have further to walk. I wouldn't say I'm an unhealthy weight, in fact - I wouldn't want to lose weight kilo-wise. Maybe just gain some muscle...I find that the hardest thing for me is the motivation to go out for a run when I've just come home from the lab around 6:30 or 7, when its cold and dark and rapist-friendliesh. Is that even a word?
Anyway, I think I need to work on motivation. Get my arse moving so to speak. Maybe I could try getting up early? This fiendish melbourne weather is not very conducive to Sheri-getting-her-arse-moving. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses.
Another thing I need to change is my diet. I don't have an unhealthy diet..most of my plate is usually steamed veggies, and I limit my fast food intake. Of course, the caffeine loaded sugar bombs also known as my daily 5 coffees don't help, but I've cut down from 2 spoons of sugar to 1/2, so I'm working on that! But the one thing..no..make that 2 things I can't seem to give up/decrease intake of are chocolate and cheese. My Achilles heel(s?)
Any tips and tricks appreciated. Detailed guides on "Mind over Cheese" will also be accepted
Saturday, 16 August 2008
One day at a time
Posted by Sheri at 9:16 pm
Labels: cheese, chocolate, hah, life change, motivation, yum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The only advise I can give you on cheese and chocolate is to NOT BUY IT. But everytime lindt or kit kat chunky is on sale, or if I see my favourite brie or blue cheese... I crack under the intense pressure. Which is not helpful to you at all.
Or you could cut 5 cups of coffee down to say... 2 cups of coffee (ARGH!!!), and thus cut down on caffeine AND sugar. Plus and a plus.
However, if you want a walking partner, I'll volunteer. Exercise freak that I am.
YES! and we live nearby. that would work. when did you want to start walking partner?
I don't mind. It does depend on what time you want to start walking, I generally prefer evenings (I try to wake up early but it doesn't happen).
I was going to suggest a personal trainer but yinzi has provided you with the motivation. Go for GOLD Sheri!
ps - rapist-friendliesh had me rotfl
you sound JUST like me- cant get up early, and will just about kill a family member for some good chocolate and/or parmesan. My personal tactic is to not eat anything bad except chocolate/cheese, which I find isnt in huge supplies outside my house, which realistically i'm not in most of the time! Works a charm, until you're hungry somewhere and the best option is an oreo mcflurry.... sigh ps great blog.... will australia let you stay?
Post a Comment